Monday, September 18, 2006

Computers & Users

Usualy I don't charge people for having me work on their computers the first time, well O.k I don't charge for first fix period. But sometimes they can slip the money in my hand before I can ever refuse it. Oh well, what can I do but smile politely and say "thank you and come again!". I made 10 bucks for something that only took an hour and a monkey could do it, Reinstall windows with the manufactures disk, reinstall drivers with M.Disk, and reinstall apps. with M.disk. simple as that and will only take apoximatly 1.5 hours to complete back to original state.
I also try to help them where they really don't need anyone but themselves. Like so, visit this site http://www.theeldergeek.com/index.htm learn and be happy, and word of advice before tweeking your computer in anyway make sure you have the manufactures disks all of them, all the drivers for your hardware, a back up disk of your apps. and a registry back up. always make sure before tweeking scan the disks that you have made for viruses.
thats what I do to help others with their problems.
I am a tech so to speek and I'm only here to help not to make you do or get anything that you don't need.
If I get payed now thats just a bonus.
*nick*


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home